From Parentvoice

Jump to: navigation, search
Home Education Equipment Family support Health and therapies Money and legal About us Contact us

Where can I go for information on concessionary Travel?

You can find information on Hampshire’s concessionary travel scheme here It offers free bus travel to the disabled person and (in certain circumstances) their carer. For travelling by train you can apply for a disabled person’s railcard. For information on this scheme see or call 0845 605 0525.

The card costs £20 per year and that covers the child and the parent/carer for 1/3 off the fare. If you have a child aged 15 or under, you may wish to consider a Family & Friends Railcard which covers up to 4 Adults and 4 Children. This costs £30 per year and provides a 30% discount on adult fares (age 5 to 15) and up to 60% on children’s fares for off peak travel.

Click for other information on

Concessions, Travel